Epic Games Director of Audio Production, Zak Belica, has provided an update via Reddit discussing many improvements coming to audio in Fortnite.
Patch v9.10 is expected to release the week of Monday, May 20th, 2019. A blog post provided by Epic details the many changes coming to audio which aim to provide a better player experience.
Changes include quality of life improvements, especially to enemy awareness. Audio issues have been a big topic in the Fortnite community for quite some time but appear to be being addressed. What are your thoughts?
Release 9.1 will arrive soon, and we have continued to work on known audio issues. This release features many quality of life improvements, especially around awareness of enemy players close by. Thanks for the continued Fortnite audio quality feedback in these threads, it really is appreciated. As always, please feel free to point out areas of audio improvement and bugs to us in the thread; we’ll be reading and investigating what the community shares and report what we’re working on. Here’s an overview of the improvements in release 9.1 and updates on the future audio roadmap:
Release 9.1 Audio fixes and updates:
- Switch audio dropout issues fixed for real- apologies, this was meant to be in for 9.0 but we had unexpected technical problems.
- Fixed location of close-range enemy pickaxe impact sound, so it plays from the impact point and not the player that’s pickaxing.
- Removed ducking of building sounds when firing your weapon.
- Lowered the minimum velocity required to trigger a landing sound; this helps prevent players from silently ‘bunny hopping’ up ramps.
- Added a new jump sound for enemies that’s louder than your own.
- Increased jump sound attenuation to match enemy footsteps.
- Reduced the amount of time that it takes the enemy in-air audio loop to kick on, for better awareness of an enemy dropping in on you from above.
- Boosted volume of occluded footsteps and landing sounds.
- Tighter spatialization of close-range pickaxe sounds from other players.
- Added a clearer sound when an enemy confirms an edit on a building piece within ~2 tiles of your position.
- Removed glider audio tell for players traveling through a Slipstream.
- Added a new “Headshot + Shield Break” sound, for when the two events occur at the same time. If a shield break is “CHINGSHH” and a headshot is “PA-CHING” then the new sound is “PA-CHINGSHH”.
Release 9.1 open audio issues:
- Fix for PC audio device swap issues; we are planning to have this for the 9.2 release.
What we’re working on for the upcoming season:
- Fix for footstep sounds on the edge of structures gives audio as if you’re walking on the ground.
- Better hear the approach of enemy players outside player-built structures.
- Improvements to issues of sounds dropping outside of player FOV.
- Improvement of close versus distant player gliding sounds, to help clarify distance of gliding enemies.
- Longer sounds properly playing during Replays.
- Improved differentiation of teammate verus enemy audio.
- Internal testing of binaural/HRTF solution that will be a great help to headphone players, as well as other spatialization improvements.
As a reminder, the best way to inform us of your bugs is following the below format:
- replay URL
- time code of issue
- display name of player followed via gameplay view
- description of issue
Zak Belica, Director of Audio Production
Chapter 3 Season 2 Live Event: Everything we know so far
The first live event of Chapter 3 is expected to take place in less than six weeks. Here’s everything we know so far, based on various leaks.
Leaked Map Stages
All future stages for the territories controlled by both The Seven and Imagined Order have been leaked by data-miner Hypex. The maps show the Resistance will retake control of most of the Island, leaving only Command Cavern and Loot Lake for the IO. The final stage will lead the story directly into a live event, with the Imagined Order having little options left for victory.
Leaked Quest Voice Line
Epic also recently added new voice lines for the upcoming Week 6 Quests which, when reviewed closely, appear to tease the main story of a new live event. The Agent Jones character claims “one of the IO’s Doomsday devices is now in production”, seemingly hinting that the new event could be related to Chapter 2 Season 2’s The Device, which was also focused around a “Doomsday Device”.
A transcript of the Agent Jones voice lines can be found below:
“This will not come as a surprise, but IO management loves Doomsday machines – loves them! There’s even a doomsday division at HQ, oh man their softball team is awful but they will one day destroy us all so… kind of a wash. We have very credible intel that one of the IO’s Doomsday devices is now in production. We need to find out everything we can while we still can. Hit the field, I’ll prep the cameras . . . I have a very bad feeling that we are not ready for what we’re gonna find out.”
According to Fortnite data-miner GMatrixGames, a new Landmark code-named ‘DDMachine’ has been added to the game’s tags, suggesting that the Doomsday Device described by Agent Jones could be added to the map in the future.
Less than six weeks remain until the potential live event. We’ll keep you updated with the latest leaks and official announcements.
Boogie Bomb and Rift-To-Go Unvaulted Until April 25
In preparation for the upcoming item vote, the Boogie Bomb and Rift-To-Go have both been unvaulted for a trial period until April 25.
Players can now find the items scattered throughout the Island from Chests, Llamas, Supply Drops, Loot Sharks and ground loot. Once the short trial period ends on April 25 at 8AM ET, new gold funding stations will go live in-game on the following day to let players “fund” the item they want to see return permanently (for the rest of Season 2). The item that becomes 100% funded first will automatically be reintroduced to the loot pool as soon as the goal, of which the exact value is unknown, is reached.
We’ll keep you updated on which item gets unvaulted.
Leak: S.T.A.R.S. Team and El Chapulín Colorado to Return Very Soon
Fortnite has re-added multiple Item Shop sections to its API, meaning they will be available very soon. Five existing sections have also been removed, suggesting Epic doesn’t plan to bring those Sets back to the Item Shop for a while.
Re-added Item Shop Sections:
- S.T.A.R.S. Team
- El Chapulín Colorado
- Wu Wear (new)
Removed Item Shop Sections:
- Silk Sonic
- Chloe Kim
- Cobra Kai
- Turn The Music Up
The ‘Wu Wear’ section, which was added to the API today, will contain the new Wu-Tang Clan cosmetics; featuring two Outfits, two Bundles and more.
We’ll keep you updated if any additional sections are changed.
Top Posts & Pages
Battle Royale3 years ago
Overtime Challenge: Search chests or ammo boxes at a racetrack or a dance club
Battle Royale5 months ago
Open Vault Glitch using Spray Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 1
Battle Royale3 years ago
Fortnite Item Shop – Monday, March 18th, 2019
Battle Royale6 months ago
NEW PRIVATE FORTNITE CHAPTER 3 SEASON 1 HACK ESP AIMBOT
Battle Royale1 year ago
PREMIUM FORTNITE HACK/CHEAT PACK JANUARY 2021
Battle Royale1 year ago
2021 Fortnite Aimbot and Esp Hack $24.99 (PayPal)
Hack3 years ago
Fortnite Aimbot and Esp Hack $24.99 (PayPal)
Battle Royale3 years ago
Fortnite Item Shop – March 26/27, 2019