Fortnite Week 9 Challenges of the Season 7 Battle Pass are here, including the Golden Balloon map and dance locations. Clear at least four of the seven challenges to earn 9,000XP. This set was released on January 31, 2019.
See a list of all the Fortnite Challenges here. Looking for a specific Season 7 Week 9 challenge? Use these links to jump to each tip section:
- Use a Sneaky Snowman in different matches
- Stage 1: Land at Retail Row
- Eliminate opponents at Junk Junction or Retail Row
- Pop 10 Golden Balloons
- Stage 1: Dance on top of a sundial
- Complete timed trials in an X-4 Stormwing Plane
- Shotgun Eliminations
Sneaky Snowman are one of the newer additions to Fortnite and allow you to protect yourself with what is essentially a 100 health shield. Take note you cannot build or use another weapon while in snowman mode. You can also throw the snowman onto the ground to use as an object or even throw it onto another enemy or player to confuse them! Use three Sneaky Snowman in different matches to complete this challenge.
Another multi-stage challenge that has you simply landing in a specific location. Take note that you must complete the match by either getting first place or dying normally. You cannot get the challenge and quit. The full list of locations:
- Stage 1: Land at Retail Row
- Stage 2: Land at Frosty Flights
- Stage 3: Land at Haunted Hills
- Stage 4: Land at Shifty Shafts
- Stage 5: Land at Dusty Divot
Take down three different enemies in either Junk Junction or Retail Row. Landing in the northern part of the map at Junk Junction usually results in fewer enemies allowing you to take a more cautious approach when attacking enemies. Feeling risky? Head to Retail Row and grab the first weapon you spot. You’ll likely be surrounded by other players so don’t be afraid to be the first one to strike!
Battle Pass Challenges
Golden balloons have appeared across the Fortnite map and you need to pop at least ten of them. Pop them by shooting at them or, better yet, hitting them with your pickaxe to avoid any noise. We have a list of all ten locations here, along with a handy map.
Fortnite Golden Balloon Locations
- Grid reference I2 on the roof of the brick house
- Grid reference B2 on the roof of the mausoleum
- Grid reference J5 on the tower at Lonely Lodge
- Grid reference I6 on the bear statue south of Retail Row
- Grid reference G4 in the area outside Tomato Temple
- Grid reference H5 attached to an electricity pylon
- Grid reference F6 on one of the structures in the middle of Dusty Divot
- Grid reference E4 on an abandoned boat in Loot Lake
- Grid reference D2 in the “O” of the destroyed motel sign
- Grid reference J3 next to the truck hanging off the edge of the cliff
Three locations on the map must be danced upon and it’s your job to do just that on each one. Once you reach the required location, boogie down with your favorite emote to complete that stage. Do this for all three locations in different matches to complete the challenge. You can only do on stage per match and you must die naturally for it to count. No quitting after dancing! Stages include:
- Stage 1: Dance on top of a sundial Southwest of Paradise Palms at grid reference G9
- Stage 2: Dance on top of an oversized cup of coffee Dusty Divot diner at grid reference F5
- Stage 3: Dance on top of a giant metal dog head Junk Junction at the top of the crane; grid reference B2
The sundial is on top of the hill north of the gas station in the desert biome. The oversized cup is in the parking lot of the Dusty Divot diner. The giant metal dog head is the crane near the entrance to Junk Junction. Stand on top of the actual head of the crane and do your dance there!
For a more detailed guide, visit this page.
The plane is getting its own set of timed trails! These challenges involve players flying through a timed trial ring in the sky to activate a series of rings. Fly through every ring before the clock runs out to complete the challenge.
You only need to complete two of the three available timed trials:
- Above the motel.
- Above the abandoned mansion.
- South of Frosty Flights.
If you’re playing on PC, using a controller could help you control the plane easier as you’ll be able to adjust the sharpness of your turns and movements. Familiarize yourself with the plane controls before you enter the initial ring. Planes can primarily be found at Frosty Flights, the barn near The Block, and at the seven Expedition Outposts.
Defeat three enemies using any type of shotgun. Shotguns are some of the most commonly used weapons and you can normally find them as soon as you land. Headshots can likely take down an opponent in one shot provided you’re close enough. Shotguns include:
- Pump Shotgun
- Tactical Shotgun
The Heavy Shotgun was sadly vaulted with the most recent patch.
If you have completed all challenges from the previous 8 weeks
(completing 60 weekly challenges) then you will unlock “The Prisoner“ skin. Be sure to check out the top floor in the Ice King’s castle at polar peak to unlock the second stage.