Epic Games have been dealing with numerous bugs or performance issues throughout Fortnite, and players now have a look at what fixes might be coming in the 8.20 patch.
Community Coordinator at Epic Games MrPopoTFS published potential upgrades to come in the next patch for the battle royale after various glitches were found by players. Though some are minor performance upgrades, others bugs have been causing major headaches and some players will be glad to see that they’re finally being addressed.
Among other fixes, Epic Games are now working on the strange bug that lets Clingers inflict damage to players through walls even though it was stuck to another person.
Similarly the Pirate Cannons are going to have a ton of bugs mended such as the frustrating glitch that sent players flying out of a different direction than intended, not being able to enter a Cannon when “close to other geometry,” and finally fine tuning the ability to aim side to side.
The gameplay has been holding up after the 8.11 patch, but Epic Games is looking to correct the icy feet bug that makes it stay activated indefinitely after using an emote while having the effect.
Though players have been torn on the Ballers as of late, it seems Epic is going to give drivers a bit more protection with a proposed change that will let Ballers take trap damage first before the player does.
Further, the developers are targeting the bug that’s letting downed players become invulnerable in super rare instances.
The biggest fix some players will be looking forward to will be a solution to the bug that changes a player’s Squad Fill preference to “Fill,” that can lead to queuing up with undesired players.
Also, people playing on low settings will sometimes notice that scopes tend to not load the reticle lines used to gauge a shot from varying distances. Epic Games are now looking for a way to fix the bug that’s causing them to go missing.
Though MrPopoTFS was quick to point out that not all of the planned changes would make their way to the 8.20 patch, the company will certainly be working to ship out the majority of promising fixes.
Read below for a breakdown of all the proposed updates coming in Fortnite’s 8.20 patch.
Potential v8.20 Battle Royale Bug Fixes:
Weapons + Items
- Fixed an issue where Clingers were damaging players through walls when stuck to another player.
- Fixed an issue preventing Glider item pickups from displaying their stack count.
- Smoothed out the motion of grenade projectile trajectories, which were lagging behind by a tick.
- Entering a vehicle no longer plays the release sound of balloons if you have no balloons.
- The balloon rope will no longer remain on your back when you run out of balloons.
- Fixed an issue where players were flying out of a Pirate Cannon in a different direction than expected.
- Fixed an issue preventing the ability to enter a Pirate Cannon when close to other geometry.
- Fixed the ability for players to finely tune Pirate Cannon’s ability to aim side to side.
- Fixed an issue causing Buried Treasure to spawn loot on the Starting Island.
- Fixed an issue with the icy feet effect remaining on indefinitely while emoting.
- Traps now do damage to The Baller vehicle first before damaging the driver.
- Fixed issue causing some traps to be inside thicker structures, making them hard to see.
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a player being invulnerable while DBNO.
- Fixed the camera sometimes traveling too far when cycling to another player.
- Fixed an issue where poor server performance could cause undesired effects on clients such as unnecessary movement corrections.
- Added a fix for a rare server crash.
- Made a small server performance improvement related to the Baller vehicle.
- Updated animation budgets to be more performant on higher scalability settings.
Art + Animation
- Fixed a bug where the destruction effects were not playing on the Baller when it’s destroyed.
- Fixed an issue where some items didn’t have proper audio when dropping them from inventory.
- Fixed issue with Main Menu icons becoming off-center.
- Fixed a bug that was causing a player’s Squad Fill preference to reset to “Fill”.
- Fixed an issue where scopes would be missing reticle lines on low settings.
- Fixed an occasional awkward camera movement that would occur when switching to different view targets while spectating..
- Fixed field of view on 21:9 devices.
- Fixed an issue with quickbar and extra buttons that made it possible to cause fire state to be stuck on a continuous loop.
- Fixed an issue causing the camera to jump on initial touch input.
- Fixed an issue causing incorrect building pieces to gain focus when editing.
- Fixed missing outline effect for squad members.
- Fixed minimap remaining on screen during Victory Royale sequence.
- Fixed not being able to select building material while being a passenger in a vehicle.