We’ve done away with the old method of unlocking the challenge skin here in Fortnite: Battle Royale season 9, and developer Epic Games is introducing something grander. They’re called Fortbytes: 100 little microchips that will eventually decrypt an image and unlock the challenge skin. Some are straightforward: place high in matches, play game, modes, complete challenges and the like.
Others are more specific, asking you to look in certain locations. There are 18 made available on day one, and Epic will be releasing “at least one” new one every day for the rest of the season, a reason to keep challenge seekers logging in on days besides Thursday.
We’ll let you know where to find them all, updated as things go on. Here’s what’s available right now:
- Fortbyte 01: Awarded for gaining 175,000 XP
- Fortbyte 02: Found hidden within Loading Screen #6
- Fortbyte 03: Accessible by using the Skull Trooper emoji at the western most point
- Fortbyte 06: Using the Yay! emote in the desert
- Fortbyte 08: Found within Junk Junction
- Fortbyte 10: Awarded for gaining 60,000 XP
- Fortbyte 12: Accessible by using the Nana Nana Spray inside a molten tunnel
- Fortbyte 13: Found at a location hidden in within loading screen #2
- Fortbyte 14: Found within an RV park
- Fortbyte 16: Found in Desert House With Too Many Chairs
- Fortbyte 19: Accessible with the Vega outfit inside a spaceship building
- Fortbyte 20: Found at the center of any of the first three Storm circles
- Fortbyte 22: Accessible by using Rox Spray in an underpass
- Fortbyte 24: Found within Fatal Fields
- Fortbyte 25: Awarded at Battle Pass Tier 40
- Fortbyte 26: Accessible with the Bunker Jonesy outfit near a snowy bunker
- Fortbyte 30: Found somewhere between Haunted Hills and Pleasant Park
- Fortbyte 31: Found at a meteor crater overlook
- Fortbyte 32: Accessible By Wearing Kyo Pet Back Bling At The Northernmost Point
- Fortbyte 35: Awarded for gaining 225,000 XP
- Fortbyte 36: Can be found on a frozen island between Frosty Flight and Happy Hamlet
- Fortbyte 39: Awarded for completing 6 of the Week 2 challenges
- Fortbyte 41: Accessible by using Tomatohead Emoticon inside the DurrrBurger restaurant
- Fortbyte 44: Awarded at Battle Pass Tier 20
- Fortbyte 46: Awarded at Battle Pass Tier 100
- Fortbyte 47: Found between a Reboot Van, Pirate Camp, and a crashed Battlebus
- Fortbyte 48: Accessible by using the Vox Pickaxe to smash the gnome beside a mountain top throne
- Fortbyte 49: Found in Trog’s Ice Cave
- Fortbyte 50: Accessible at night time inside mountain top castle ruins
- Fortbyte 51: Accessible using Cluck Strut to cross Peely’s Banana Stand
- Fortbyte 55: Found in Haunted Hills
- Fortbyte 57: Awarded by finishing top 10 in squads, duos, or solo 25 times
- Fortbyte 58: Accessible by using the Sad Trombone Emote at the north end of Snobby Shores
- Fortbyte 59: Accessible with the Durrr! emoji inside Pizza Pit
- Fortbyte 61: Accessible by using Frozen Sunbird on a Frozen Waterfall
- Fortbyte 64: Stunt Mountain location accessible by Rox
- Fortbyte 65: Found in a basement budget movie set
- Fortbyte 66: Awarded by finishing top 10 in squads, duos, or solo 75 times
- Fortbyte 68: Found within a snowy Town Book Shop
- Fortbyte 69: Found Inside A Stone Pig Building
- Fortbyte 70: Accessible by skydiving through the rings above Lazy Lagoon with the Vibrant Contrails equipped
- Fortbyte 71: Awarded for completing 6 challenges from Week
- Fortbyte 72: Found within Salty Springs
- Fortbyte 74: Found in a filing cabinet inside an assassin’s basement on the desert coast
- Fortbyte 76: Behind a historical diorama in an insurance building
- Fortbyte 77: Found Within A Track-Side Taco Shop
- Fortbyte 78: Found within a ranger tower overlooking a drained lake
- Fortbyte 79: Found Within An Arcade
- Fortbyte 81: Accessible in the daytime near a mountain top cactus wedge
- Fortbyte 82: Accessible by solving the pressure plate puzzle NW of the Block Guide Location
- Fortbyte 84: Awarded at Battle Pass Tier 60
- Fortbyte 85: Awarded for gaining 30,000 XP
- Fortbyte 87: Awarded by finishing top 10 in squads, duos, or solo 50 times
- Fortbyte 88: Found somewhere within the J3 map location
- Fortbyte 89: Accessible by Flying the Scarlet Strike Glider Through the Rings East of Snobby Shores
- Fortbyte 90: Awarded by finishing top 10 in squads, duos, or solo 100 times
- Fortbyte 91: Found at a location hidden within loading screen 4
- Fortbyte 92: Accessible By Using Rock Love Spray Near A Lavafall
- Fortbyte 95: Found at a Solar Power Array in the jungle
- Fortbyte 96: Awarded at Battle Pass Tier 80
- Fortbyte 96: Found within a Viking Longhouse
- Fortbyte 99: Awarded for gaining 125,000 XP
More will be made available, and we’ll keep you updated. The number you’re looking for here is 90: that’s how many it takes to unlock the challenge skin this season as part of the Utopia challenge. It seems like the full list of Fortbytes has leaked out, which we’ll post once it’s clear what we’re looking at. Still, like with most unlocked challenges like this, it will only help you so much. You can only complete challenges as they’re made available, and so you might as well just wait for them to show up in-game.
It’s a fun new mechanic, and excited to see where it goes. It seems fairly specific to the future theme, but the developer could always deploy something similar for future seasons.
Fortnite Announces Lantern Fest 2022
Fortnite has announced this year’s in-game Lantern Fest event, which will run throughout April with special activities for all players.
In celebration of Lantern Fest 2022, certain POIs on the Battle Royale Island have been decorated with lanterns. Players can share pictures featuring one of these lanterns on Twitter using the #Lantography2022 hashtag for a chance to win the new Cameo Needs Loot! Emoticon. You can read the official rules for for the contest here.
According to Fortnite’s website, the Lantern Trials are “coming soon”, with no specific date given. Once live, the trials will allow players to complete challenges for in-game rewards.
Power Shong Locker Bundle
Fortnite has also revealed that a new Locker Bundle for content creator Power Shong will be available in the Item Shop on April 20th at 1 AM ET.
The Bundle contains the following cosmetics:
- Shadow Ops Outfit
- Prospect Back Bling
- Astral Axe Pickaxe
- Burning Beast Glider
- Daydream Emote
How to upgrade Fortnite’s Omni Sword: All Omni Chips locations
Fortnite Battle Royale players can upgrade their Tsuki 2.0 Omni Sword in Season 2, Chapter 3, with a number of customization options available. To do that, you’re going to need to know where to find all Omni Chip locations.
If you’re in that bracket, it’s your lucky day – as we’ve got the entire list of Omni Chip locations, and will show you exactly where to find them.
So, let’s run through what these new items are, how they are used, and where you can collect them in Epic Games’ popular world.
What are Fortnite Omni chips? What are they used for?
Here’s what Omni Chips look like in Fortnite.
In Season 2, Chapter 3, of Fortnite Battle Royale, players can use Omni Chips to customize the Tsuki 2.0 Omni Sword.
By collecting them, the shape, color, and sound can be edited as a result.
How to get Tsuki 2.0 Omni Sword & upgrade it
Omni Sword price in Fortnite
Fortnite players can get a Tsuki 2.0 Omni Sword via the Fortnite Battle Pass, and it costs seven Battle Stars to unlock.
Here are a few options you can unlock for the Tsuki 2.0 Omni Sword.
How to upgrade
Once you have unlocked the Omni Sword, with each week of Fortnite Season 2, Chapter 3, brings a new wave of Omni Sword quests. These will appear in your quest log and can be completed on a weekly basis (Week 1, Week 2, etc.)
By completing Omni Quests you will receive Omni Chips, to spend on different Sword upgrades. Here’s what is included:
- 14 blade styles
- 7 handle styles
- 14 colors
- 7 sounds
Where to find Omni Chips in Fortnite
There are a number of Fortnite locations where these can be found, including:
- Mighty Monument
- Logjam Lumberyard
- Greasy Grove
For every three Omni Chips collected players will earn three they can spend on upgrades. In this guide, you will get to see exactly where each of them is located with customized maps – as seen below.
All Fortnite Omni Chip locations
Mighty Monument Omni Chip locations
The map below has the three Omni Chip locations marked out near the Mighty Monument.
This map shows you where to find all Omni Chips at the Mighty Monument.
All Omni Chips at Logjam Lumberyard
The map below has a few more Chips for you to collect, at Logjam Lumberyard.
Here’s where you can find all Omni Chips at Logjam Lumberyard.
Greasy Grove Onni Chip locations
Greasy Grove might be an older POI, but that doesn’t stop it from having new items spawn there.
All Omni Chips you can find at Greasy Grove in Fortnite.
Earn Omni Chips through Season Challenges
Additionally, players can earn Omni Chips by completing a certain number of seasonal challenges. For every three seasonal challenges a player completes, they will be rewarded with three chips they can spend.
Players will gain access to new seasonal challenges each week. With there being a large number of upgrades to buy, players will want to complete both the Omni Sword quests and Seasonal Quests to earn the most chips.
That’s it for now! If there’s ever any new information regarding Omni Chips or the respective quests to upgrade your Fortnite Tsuki 2.0 Omni Sword, we’ll be sure to add it here!
Fortnite Chapter 3 chicken locations: How to fly with chickens
Fortnite features chickens that can be found at different points on the map, so here are all of their locations in Chapter 3, along with how you can use them to fly.
The Fortnite map features a ton of cool locations for you to visit, and you can often encounter creatures on the Island such as gigantic Klombo Dinosaurs as well as smaller animals like chickens.
While the chickens might not sound particularly notable, they can be extremely helpful in certain situations, and you’ll need to use them in order to complete the Fortnite Avian Ambush Quests.
Here’s how you can find chickens in Fortnite.
Fortnite Chapter 3 chicken locations
Chickens can easily be found in Fortnite Chapter 3, as their locations are spread out across the island. While they tend to spawn at random, they commonly appear in a few areas on the map.
Here are the Fortnite chicken locations:
- Southwest of Greasy Grove.
- Near the gas station west of Logjam Lumberyard.
- At the center of the map, where Tilted Towers is currently covered by snow.
- Over the river north of Rocky Reels.
- Near the gas station south of Rocky Reels.
- West of the Daily Bugle.
How to use chickens to fly in Fortnite
Having a chicken in your hand will make your jumps much more effective than before. This is because it will help you catch a little more air, and you can use this to cover more distance across the map.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Locate and grab a chicken in the wild
- While holding the chicken, launch yourself off a cliff or elevated surface
- Hold on to the chicken while in the air in order to glide across the map
This trick will be useful when you find yourself getting overwhelmed by enemies or when the circle is closing in. These chickens can also be used to open Vaults filled with high-tier weapons and loot.
Top Posts & Pages
Battle Royale3 years ago
Overtime Challenge: Search chests or ammo boxes at a racetrack or a dance club
Battle Royale5 months ago
Open Vault Glitch using Spray Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 1
Battle Royale3 years ago
Fortnite Item Shop – Monday, March 18th, 2019
Battle Royale6 months ago
NEW PRIVATE FORTNITE CHAPTER 3 SEASON 1 HACK ESP AIMBOT
Battle Royale1 year ago
PREMIUM FORTNITE HACK/CHEAT PACK JANUARY 2021
Battle Royale1 year ago
2021 Fortnite Aimbot and Esp Hack $24.99 (PayPal)
Hack3 years ago
Fortnite Aimbot and Esp Hack $24.99 (PayPal)
Battle Royale3 years ago
Fortnite Item Shop – March 26/27, 2019