Fortnite released the v8.20.1 client update today, March 29 at 5AM ET(0900 UTC) to fix some issues that appeared after releasing the v8.20 update. You can find full details below on all the fixes included in this client update. Unfortunately they have not made any changes to the health and materials we have become so use to receiving with eliminations and want to see implemented back into the game.
They are also working with Apple on certification of the iOS update, players on iOS can continue to play and we will let you know when the update is available.
One of the most requested fixes in the aftermath of the Fortnite v8.20 update was for Traps, which had stopped working when placed on a wall that had a ramp built directly in front of it. This issue was making it impossible for players to use traps in confined spaces, especially when someone had broken into your box to attack you.
Thankfully, this will no longer be an issue, as Epic have addressed it and fixed the problem, meaning your traps will once again work.
The Baller and Boogie Bombs
Another bug that appeared in the days following the v8.20 update was with The Baller, as players who were hit by Boogie Bombs while driving one were not ejected from the vehicle, and instead could drive around without consequences, as Turner ‘Tfue’ Tenney found out.
This will no longer be the case with v8.20.1, as players will now be thrown out of The Baller to start jiving once they get hit by one of the grenades.
Epic have released a full list of the updates and fixes made in the v8.20.1 update, which covers all three of Fortnite’s game modes – Battle Royale, Creative, and Save the World. . You can read the patch notes below.
- Fixed an issue where spectator numbers would not update, even after the spectator had left the game.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to be unable to queue in the correct division level in the Arena game mode when the party leader was in a lower division.
- Fixed an issue which caused the Poison Dart Trap to be hidden behind certain wall assets.
- Fixed an issue where trap placement on walls would be blocked if a stair structure was attached to the wall.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from getting removed from the Baller when hit by a Boogie Bomb.
- Fixed an issue preventing friend invites from displaying in the social panel.
- Fixed an issue where Creature Spawners wouldn’t activate within the correct range after it has been resized.
- Fixed an issue where the Phone Tool would emit two beams rather than one after copying multiple times.
- Fixed an issue that prevented non-damaging traps (Ice Block, Bouncers, etc) from functioning if the Game was not started.
- Fixed an issue where any Baller vehicle that was placed on an Island prior to v8.20 could not use the boost.
- Fixed an issue that prevented vehicles from being damaged by Music Sequencer when damage was turned on.
Save the World
- Re-enabled the X Marks the Spot sub-objective.
- Fixed an issue where the X Marks the Spot objective was removing items from player inventories.
- Fixed an issue that was causing B.A.S.E to incorrectly hover over player built structures.
Are you experiencing an issue that’s not listed here? Let us know on any of our official social channels or by using the in-game Feedback feature found in Options.
- How to use the in-game Feedback report system:
- While in-game, open the Options menu
- Navigate to the Feedback Button
- Create a Bug report to provide us with logs of the issue
When reporting issues please include information such as:
- Description of the issue
- Account Name (optional)
- Link to video or images
- Include details on when this issue started happening